Direct hire position with our client in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Send your resume to email@example.com
- Store large amounts of data (hundreds of millions of transactions per day) in Hadoop and Hive.
- Process data in Oozie or Azkaban jobs using SQL and Python.
- Analyze and distill data into OLAP systems using SQL Server Analysis Services or similar products.
- Aggregate and store data for highly performant retrieval from Amazon Redshift
- Write reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and Excel.
- Ensure integrity of the business and usage data through careful attention to detail and responsible archiving of data in a highly available way.
- Establish what data the company has, what data still needs to be collected, and how best to get at it, in order to fulfill business requirements both present and future.
• Relational databases & SQL
• Data integrity and verification
• Reporting and analytics
• Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Redshift, Spark
• Distributed platforms such as Storm, Spark, or Hadoop
Depending on experience, successful applicants will show a growing track record of success or the groundwork to be an impactful member of the team. We’re looking for candidates that exhibit many of the following skills and attributes:
• Strong usage data and analytics background
• Writing and deploying code for Linux, Windows, and cloud environments
• Performance tuning experience
• Writes maintainable code and documentation
• Ability to accurately estimate time to complete a task
• Communicate effectively and efficiently
• Efficient at planning and executing
• Hands-on engineering experience
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills