We are looking for a Infrastructure Manager candidate for a contract or contract to hire position with our client in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BASIC PURPOSE: Manage corporate-wide infrastructure including network, security, database management, telecommunications, user-support, all hardware deployment
- Develop and execute the infrastructure and security strategy for the organization.
- Direct and manage the technical infrastructure and operations at client location.
- Manage the User Support and Infrastructure teams including network and database administrators.
- Establish clear infrastructure SLA and report every infrastructure issue that happens with timeline, resolution, root cause and preventive action.
- Develop and implement the overall status and activity metrics that track the delivery of IT services, planned and unplanned system outages.
- Working with the Director of Business applications, assist in the development of the company’s technology strategy
- Assist in the rollout of all development projects.
- Manage the purchase and implementation of PC’s/laptops/handhelds/printers and other hardware equipment.
- Develop and manage the operating and capital budgets for the corporate infrastructure.
- Maintain a mechanism to integrate remote offices and business partners into our infrastructure.
- Develop and implement business continuity and security procedures to protect the information assets of the company.
- Along with the purchasing manager, manage and negotiate all infrastructure contracts for client. (phone switch, T1’s, long distance, local, teleconferencing, web conferencing, cell phones & pagers, licensing).
- Attract and retain the best people for the department through effective recruiting and mentoring.
- Exhibit an “executive presence.” Act as a facilitator. Express difficult technical issues in “layman’s terms” and strengthen the relationship between Informatics and the rest of the organization.
- Maintain positive, constructive, team-oriented attitude as well as sound judgement in all job responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- A minimum of (5) years’ experience completing the above mentioned responsibilities
- Have progressive experience and demonstrated success in the solution and delivery across all aspects of enterprise infrastructure: LAN, WAN, VPN, VMware, Linux, Windows Server, Citrix, Exchange, iSCSI SAN and Active Directory, LDAP, database, middleware and application server, backup recovery, corporation data security and regulatory compliance
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in database administration OR network administration (Linux, VM Ware, SAN technologies, Microsoft AD, Oracle).
- Experience with managing and constructing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple resources and projects simultaneously with little supervision.
- Strong communication, facilitation and leadership skills.
- The candidate will have proven management skills with the ability to mentor staff members, and to interact and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization